Yes, this is the first blog post in 2017. I really miss blogging regularly like in 2014 and 2015. I thought after getting used to blog every week for 2 years, I don’t need a reminder to do it. But, seems like I became slack and didn’t really write here in 2016. On the other hand, I scribbled and drew more often in my agenda. I discovered a new hobby (sort of) that colouring, drawing or doing scrapbook is therapeutic. Drawing is not a new thing to me, I’ve been liking it since I was a kid, although I can’t draw like a mangaka (as much as I want to be)
So.. I’ll blog more regularly again in 2017! That’s my first mission.
Continue reading “Goodbye 2016 and hello 2017”
Thank you for great experience 2015. And, please be kind to me 2016.
When I looked at my list in my phone,
- 3 items I moved it to parking lot because I have other more important priorities came up and no way I can do them unless I moved some of the items out.
- 1 unfinished item which is my weekly project to write one blog post per week. I missed out the last 4 weeks because I was travelling.
- 8 completed.
So, I managed pretty well for my resolution in 2015.
I started to follow how I created my resolution last year, through list in my phone. I bring back some of the items from last year because I feel the benefit of it.
Here are highlight of my 2015:
- To be connected with “real” people in the real world. Being a geek is not easy for me to get out from my shell and have real conversation with people. Don’t get me wrong, I like to have accompany, with the people I’m comfortable with. I prefer smaller group than bigger group. I also realised that I hardly connect with the people I know from previous workplace. So, in 2015, I met more people, not only from previous work place, but also from other encounters like high school, events, and many more.
- To move on. I really can’t. When I had my mind onto something, I’ll work to get it, even when I faced a wall, I’ll try to find a way to climb it if it’s unbreakable. However, there is so much I can do, life reminded me that there are other factors which plays apart. So, if I really can’t get it, I need to move on. It’s just not for me.
- To talk to more people. The right people. When you let your intention know to the right people, it’s one step closer to get what do you want. There is a saying, never try never know. If you never make your intent to be known. How are you going to achieve it?
- To break the big rock to smaller chunks. By setting up milestone each week, it will remind you about the progress. (Although I admit to start it and the process to make it as habit is hard, but once you get hang of it, it’s kinda automatic)
- To unload things. There only one us, and there is so much we can take in. So, it’s part of learning about the priority, to do the must-do first, and put the rest aside.
There are more lessons from 2015. But, those are the important ones. So, thank you 2015 for teaching me a lot of things. 2016, please be kind to me and looking forward to receive more lessons from you.
Happy new year~!