I feel unsure sometimes too. But you see, if you have time to feel unsure, you should just try to make a move.
If that ends in a failure, you’ll still be left with something.
There is nothing you did that would be pointless.
How do you usually plan something? Usually I build one plan and if it’s not working then move on to next plan. But recently I find that 3 out of 5 plan didn’t work out and I need to use next plan. I find this quite “tiring”.
Being perfectionist myself, I like to plan thoroughly. So I spend quite sometime in building one plan. When the success rate is not in my favour these days, I get discouraged of planning. Or rather, I have high expectation about my plan but it was not going well as I thought.
I learned in the hard way.
After talking to some friends, here is what I concluded
Continue reading When having one plan is not enough
I know what may come to your mind. “Seriously? Why you’re playing a kid game?”
Almost everyone I know is into Pokemon Go these days, and so do I. I was looking for some distractions from my Pokemon Go because I was so addicted to it and to the point which I became obsessed with it.
One day I was discussing next 2020 Olympic in Japan with a friend after watching the the closing ceremony clip. Mr. Abe was in the movie with Mario, Doraemon and other famous characters. There wasn’t any mentions of Yokai Watch in the clips but we know that it’s a big hit in Japan now. So, my curiosity about Yokai Watch ignited..
The more I play the game, the more I withdrawn to it, and here are some of the key points I learned while playing the game:
Continue reading Lessons from Yokai Watch Wib Wob
When you want to get something, sometimes the universe is just conspire to help you.
I heard about that quote from The Secret book and I thought, really?
Recently I saw this from my Pinterest,
If you want something you’ve never had. You’ve got to do something you’ve never done
If you want the situation in your team to change, you have to do things that you think it’s too much effort (I’m just want to live peacefully within my hamster ball, please don’t create trouble)
If you want to be able to run 21km, train more and build up your stamina (don’t you realize that your stamina actually had been improved from barely able to run 2.4km and now you can complete 10km)
And this morning, disqus digest sent me a notification from a blog post that I commented 5 years ago(!!!), there is always some meaning behind things happened to you.
Thank you for great experience 2015. And, please be kind to me 2016.
When I looked at my list in my phone,
- 3 items I moved it to parking lot because I have other more important priorities came up and no way I can do them unless I moved some of the items out.
- 1 unfinished item which is my weekly project to write one blog post per week. I missed out the last 4 weeks because I was travelling.
- 8 completed.
So, I managed pretty well for my resolution in 2015.
I started to follow how I created my resolution last year, through list in my phone. I bring back some of the items from last year because I feel the benefit of it.
Here are highlight of my 2015:
- To be connected with “real” people in the real world. Being a geek is not easy for me to get out from my shell and have real conversation with people. Don’t get me wrong, I like to have accompany, with the people I’m comfortable with. I prefer smaller group than bigger group. I also realised that I hardly connect with the people I know from previous workplace. So, in 2015, I met more people, not only from previous work place, but also from other encounters like high school, events, and many more.
- To move on. I really can’t. When I had my mind onto something, I’ll work to get it, even when I faced a wall, I’ll try to find a way to climb it if it’s unbreakable. However, there is so much I can do, life reminded me that there are other factors which plays apart. So, if I really can’t get it, I need to move on. It’s just not for me.
- To talk to more people. The right people. When you let your intention know to the right people, it’s one step closer to get what do you want. There is a saying, never try never know. If you never make your intent to be known. How are you going to achieve it?
- To break the big rock to smaller chunks. By setting up milestone each week, it will remind you about the progress. (Although I admit to start it and the process to make it as habit is hard, but once you get hang of it, it’s kinda automatic)
- To unload things. There only one us, and there is so much we can take in. So, it’s part of learning about the priority, to do the must-do first, and put the rest aside.
There are more lessons from 2015. But, those are the important ones. So, thank you 2015 for teaching me a lot of things. 2016, please be kind to me and looking forward to receive more lessons from you.
Happy new year~!
Because life is better with friends
Continue reading A good ride
Something to celebrate! This post is my 400th post since I blogged 5 years ago. (yay!)
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~Jim Ryun
Continue reading 400th post
I read an interview from a K-Pop group, BIGBANG, in one of the fan site.
What BIGBANG members think about their peak.
“To a certain extent, it′s correct to set a peak, but we believe that we might have already passed our peak or that another peak may come. Because of that, we wondered if there was a reason to decide when our peak is,” said G-Dragon and Taeyang.
“If we wanted to be like Michael Jackson, we wouldn′t be able to feel the satisfaction in our situation now. We don′t want to do that. Instead of setting a limit and reaching for it, I believe there is a better thing out there if we go without deciding on anything.”
Continue reading When is your peak?